“I am grateful for the ADF Church Alliance. They have been working alongside us to protect our church and its ministries by updating our church documents. They have been quick to respond and easy to work with. ADF Church Alliance respectfully caught our vision and made suggestions that accentuated and protected our core values.”
Pastor Derald Skinner
Calvary Chapel Pearl Harbor
“With the seemingly sudden and bold attack on religious liberty in recent years, our church has sought out a trusted partner to position and equip us legally for ministry in the coming years. We chose ADF and partnered with them through their Church Alliance program. I would strongly encourage other churches to partner with them as well.”
Pastor, Northeast Houston Baptist Church
“Being a part of this movement for religious freedom is exciting. This is a great benefit for our church now and in the future, and we also consider this a mission that helps our brothers and sisters at churches all over the country who need the immediate legal support. We are encouraged that our membership and partnership with ADF is making a difference. ”
Danny de Armas
Senior Associate Pastor, First Baptist Orlando
“...we have been working with ADF Church Alliance in
auditing and discussing our church governing documents. The process has been
encouraging and thorough and the recommendations have been very helpful in providing
practical, Christ-centered legal advice. I highly recommend using Church Alliance, as
they focus on helping protect religious liberty across our Nation and in churches, both
large and small.”
Deacon at Mountain View Christian Assembly in Sandy, Utah
“I found myself having a legal conversation within one week of
my initial inquiry. I feel I have a new friend who is an experienced lawyer. And his entire legal team
stands ready and waiting to help our church and me whenever the need arises. I would
encourage every church to become a member of Church Alliance and gain a friend in the
Pastor Mark Claudson
Le Grande First Baptist
Submit Your Easy Application
Get Access to Legal Resources, Advice, and More
Lead Your Church – Without the Legal Burden
Not all legal matters relating to a church are within the scope of services provided in ADF Church Alliance membership.
For those matters that are not part of your membership, we can help by referring you to our network of over 3,000 Allied Attorneys.
See our detailed benefits of membership and scope of services below.
• A religious liberty audit, including legal review of church bylaws and policies that relate to protecting the church’s religious liberty;
• Direct access to attorneys to answer your questions about protecting the church’s religious liberty;
• Consultation for legal issues involving the church’s religious liberty (prior to litigation);
• Legal representation in cases involving the church’s religious liberty (e.g., employment, land use, tax exemption, church member discipline/removal, requests to use church facilities, government mandates or unconstitutional regulation, volunteer requirements, equal access to government property or benefits and clergy confidentiality);
• Specialized resources such as webinars and newsletters tailored to protecting the religious liberty of the Church.
The ADF Church Alliance is not an insurance program, and Alliance Defending Freedom is not an insurance company. ADF typically will represent ADF Church Alliance members in all litigation related to protecting the religious liberty of the Church. However, ADF cannot guarantee legal representation in every situation and does not provide casualty payments for a lawsuit. Any legal representation undertaken by ADF is without cost to ADF Church Alliance members.
Some church legal matters involve administrative tribunals such as zoning boards and tax agencies. ADF normally does not appear as legal counsel before administrative agencies or administrative tribunals. ADF will assist in finding local counsel for administrative phases of legal matters that fall within the ADF Church Alliance scope of services, but it cannot guarantee that local counsel representation will be free of charge.
• Intra-ministry, inter-ministry or denominational disputes;
• Allegations of child abuse or criminal prosecutions unrelated to religious liberty;
• Tax advice, tax audits or investigations that do not relate to religious liberty;
• Start-up and filing requirements (e.g., 501(c)(3) applications, sales tax exemption applications, corporate filings);
• Advice regarding corporate structure or general liability issues not related to religious liberty;
• General advice regarding government contracts or grant agreements;
• Drafting business contracts such as rental agreements or vendor contracts;
• International legal matters or compliance with international law; or
• Land use cases will generally only be approved if discrimination or unequal treatment is present
ADF has the sole authority to determine whether a request for advice or representation falls within the scope of services offered.